Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prevent V-Ray from creating quad menu entries

Hi,

I am trying to customize my quad menus so that they are a bit more cleaned up, but V-Ray keeps adding all it's own quad menu entries into main quad after every 3ds Max start. How can I avoid this?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	vrayprops.PNG
Views:	440
Size:	6.7 KB
ID:	988872

Thanks.

I'm not sure if there is a way to avoid it, but I will ask. In the V-Ray Next builds, the menus should not show up if V-Ray is not the current renderer.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
      I'm not sure if there is a way to avoid it, but I will ask. In the V-Ray Next builds, the menus should not show up if V-Ray is not the current renderer.

Best regards,
      Vlado
      Thanks. I actually want them to be gone even if V-Ray is active renderer I'd like to have all the renderer-specific stuff nicely separated in the top-right quadrant, as on the screenshot.

Comment

Hi! They should be re-appearing when the V-Ray menus are registered. This happens after installation with "Register V-Ray menus" option enabled or if the registration is triggered either by calling registerVRayMenus() MaxScript function or the toolbar button (which does the same). My bet is that the installer option makes them re-appear.

Best regards,
        Alexander
        Alexander Kazandzhiev
        V-Ray for 3ds Max developer

Comment

Originally posted by alexander.kazandzhiev View Post
          Hi! They should be re-appearing when the V-Ray menus are registered. This happens after installation with "Register V-Ray menus" option enabled or if the registration is triggered either by calling registerVRayMenus() MaxScript function or the toolbar button (which does the same). My bet is that the installer option makes them re-appear.

Best regards,
          Alexander
          Hi,

so it appears this is not the case. V-Ray menus get re-registered after every single 3ds Max startup. When I delete them, then just close 3ds Max and restart it, I get them all back.

Comment

You can run this line of MAXScript to remove the quad menu items:
            Code:
            unregisterVRayQuadMenuItems()
            The problem with them reappearing is a bug in the script vrayinstall.ms that is installed in the folder C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2018\scripts\Startup (path is for 3ds max 2018 ). This file is supposed to delete itself when it was executed once, but this code usually does not work unless you run 3ds max with Administrator privileges. Using a normal user account it simply doesn't have the requred privileges to delete itself, so it will reregister vray menubar and quad menu on each 3ds max start forever. So just move that file somewhere else - should help.

Daniel
            Daniel Schmidt - Developer of psd-manager

Comment

Guys, I actually have the opposite issue. My vray quad menus disappear after max restart. I`m even loosing vray light listener from the tools menu. When this happens i have to manually add both quad menus and listener menus. But after few max restarts/crashes it will disappear again. This is on max 2017 and latest 3.6 build, windows 7.

Any chance this is connected in some way to the issue you are solving above?
              Noemotion.net - www.noemotion.net

Peter Sanitra - www.psanitra.com

Noemotionhdrs.net - www.noemotionhdrs.net

Comment

Working...
              X