No announcement yet.

Property system_vrayLog_file doesn't update until render settings window opens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Property system_vrayLog_file doesn't update until render settings window opens

Hi there!

Here at Decora, we build our scenes dynamically with maxscript, and render trough maxcmd, some scenes having multiple cameras and I was trying to set the log path for each camera, so we could have one log file for each one. But there is a bug: the vray log path property (system_vrayLog_file) exposed by maxscript, only updates when the render settings window is open, so, in normal max, you can just open the settings window, though on maxcmd no window opens, so it doesn't work.
    I also tried using the environment variables by python, but I found out that when the process starts, those variables don't get updated until the next process starts.

I'd appreciate very much if some one could tell me a workaround for this.

Hello,

Do you start one separate 3dsmaxcmd run for each of your cameras from your script? If so - before starting 3dsmaxcmd you can set an environment variable VRAY_SYSTEM_LOG_FILE to the full file path you want for your log file. On loading V-Ray will check for it and if present will use it as the path to the log file.

Best regards,
    Yavor
    Yavor Rubenov
    V-Ray for 3ds Max developer

Comment

Thanks for the answer!

That would work, but we build our scenes trough max script, each one takes about 20 minutes (if not more) to load, if a scene has six cameras, that would scale to more then a hour just of loading. Time wise, is not worth it...

Comment

Working...
      X