Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• version 3.30.04 on max2015 V's 3.60.04 on 2018

Hi
    I did a scene a couple of years back, tried rendering it out in max 2018 running 3.60.04 and didnt get as nice a result, (thought i would have got a prompt to maintain settings are previous versions (but it didnt)
    Roof is a completely difference colour, shading under overhang is much better in 2015 version, shadows under gutter are noticable different too.
    is there a way I can get it to render out exactly as it did in the original version (version 3.30.04 on max2015) when 2018 when rendering it in 3.60.04 on max2018, I wouldn't have thought that there would be this much of a difference
    needless to say both files are just opened and sent to render.
    Client saw orignal image and wanted that look/style, so created new project in max2018, did a few test renders and wasnt getting the expected results, not sure why this was - so i worked backwards until i got to rendering our the source/benchmark scene in 2015 and then noticing a big difference in results, wasted a few hours on this, sticking with 2018 and v3.60. is not practial as the results are not as good as previous version.
    would appreciate any explanation/insight to why so different
    thanks
    Last edited by tom182; 04-05-2018, 08:54 AM.
    Accept that some days you are the pigeon, and some days you are the statue.

There was a slight change in colour science in vray and in reflection / specular too, it's a good thing overall but as you say the result is different for a scene that was the way you liked. A lot of big places will keep a record of the plugins they used to render a project and switch back to that if they need to redo anything later and need a 100% match.

Comment

thanks John, I was able to work back to 2015 and get the desired result, hadent experienced such a drastic changes in versions before and presumed I was doing soemthign wrong,
      anyways issue resolved,
      Accept that some days you are the pigeon, and some days you are the statue.

Comment

Working...
      X