Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The triplanar map short circuits forest colour!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The triplanar map short circuits forest colour!

Heya folks!

Just as a thing, we're using triplanar for a lot of stuff and I was trying to use it on a forest setup - seems if you try to have a forest colour map as the map in a triplanar, it stops the random map selection from working - max 2016 sp4 and forest 5.4!

Cheers,

John

lol, what in the world are you doing with a triplanar and forest? :P
    Sorry for the OT, hey, just SO curious... :P
    Lele
    Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
    ----------------------
    emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
    The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Scattering rocks mapped with triplanar for instance?
      A.

---------------------
      www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

Ah, ofc, i thought of trees, which left me wondering hard.. :P
        Lele
        Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
        ----------------------
        emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
        The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Yeah it was scattering larger size geo than small bits you can get away with simple mapping on!

Comment

On this note, can we get the itoo guys locked in a room until they support the multisubtex as a variation map for forest? And gamma / hue / sat variation controls added to multisubtex so we can keep the same look if we need to transport a scatter as instances over to another dcc or break out a scatter for fx / animation work? Or perhaps something like a "forest" mode for the randomness see in multisubtex that matches their algorithm?

Comment

Working...
            X