V-Ray 3 Crashing with motion blur

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V-Ray 3 Crashing with motion blur

So all of a sudden when trying to render a scene I'm working on it crashes when I try to render with motion blur, if I turn it off then all is well and the scene renders. Other than the below error any ideas on how to get around this?

Error: "warning: NULL mesh in StaticMeshInfo::compileGeometry()"

running 3dsmax 2018.4 - Vray 3.60.04 on Win10
    Cheers,
    -dave
    ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 1950X ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 2990WX ■ ASUS PRIME X399 - 2990WX ■ GIGABYTE AORUS X399 - 2990WX ■ ASUS Maximus Extreme XI with i9-9900k ■

Do you have an idea what kind of object causes this? If you can get us a scene to support@chaosgroup.com we'll be able to track it down.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

I have no idea what it is referring to, this is for a new client so Ill have to try to get permission and I'm 99% sure they will want an NDA signed. I'm going to do a save as and see if I remove the clients models if the rest is still affecting the render. I'm using a few particle flow emitters.
      Cheers,
      -dave
      ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 1950X ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 2990WX ■ ASUS PRIME X399 - 2990WX ■ GIGABYTE AORUS X399 - 2990WX ■ ASUS Maximus Extreme XI with i9-9900k ■

Comment

OK that worked, stripped out the NDA models and its still acting up so I just emailed you the file.

I had thought the camera might be at fault but I made a new camera and still crashing...
        -dave
        Cheers,
        -dave

Comment

I narrowed it down to "PF Source 002" in the file. I delete that one and no more error :/
          Cheers,
          -dave

Comment

[EDIT] There seems to be a Falloff map in "World Z-axis" mode that might be the problem, but I'm looking into it more carefully. Using VRaySamplerInfoTex could be a work-around (i.e. the Blue channel of the "Normal vector" output).

Best regards,
            Vlado
            Last edited by vlado; 28-05-2018, 02:42 AM.

Comment

I have no idea where that is or where it might have come from.

I'm trying to upgrade to Next a the moment but once again someone at chaos has changed my account information again without my knowledge or authorization and now its seriously messed up
              Cheers,
              -dave

Comment

Originally posted by Syclone1 View Post
                I'm trying to upgrade to Next a the moment but once again someone at chaos has changed my account information again without my knowledge or authorization and now its seriously messed up
                Hm, let me check what's up with this.

Best regards,
                Vlado
                Last edited by vlado; 29-05-2018, 10:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
                  Hm, let me check what's up with this.

Best regards,
                  Vlado
                  Ill shoot you a quick email...
                  Cheers,
                  -dave

Comment

Hi Syclone1,

A member of our Sales Operations team has already contacted you with details about your current account and license status.
                    If you would like us to make any changes to your account setup, please reply to the e-mail you have received, or PM me, as we wouldn't post any personal account information in the forum.

Cheers,
                    Antonia
                    Antonia Yordanova
                    Chaos Group Sales Team

Comment

Working...
                    X