Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

vray 3.6: Render nodes create missing / empty / defective buckets. Please help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vray 3.6: Render nodes create missing / empty / defective buckets. Please help.

Hello everybody,

after upgrading from vray 2.5 to 3.6 not long ago, I noticed that pretty often one or more of my rendernodes create defective or empty buckets. These errors only seem to occur in front of empty backgrounds, For example, when rendering an object in front of a matte floor or without any background and only at the border of the object, so never on the inside. It feels as if buckets that wouldn´t contain much information (like 75%+ empty) would just get skipped.
    I attach an image of a mask I have created. You will clearly see that the buckets at the border of the object appear sharp and emtpy.

I have tried rebooting the nodes, different memory settings... I re-connected the network HDDs... nothing seems to help.
    The error often suddenly occurs during a rendering (it seems fine at the beginning, after a while the error appears). And it usually happens in scenes with a heave memory load. So high resolutions or a lot of polygons.

How can I work around this or even solve it? At the moment, I don´t feel I could even render an animation at all.

It´s Vray3.6 with one main Workstation and 4 rendernodes.
    Last edited by EXPOSE; 28-05-2018, 02:19 AM.

It will go away if you increase the "min subdivs" parameter of the adaptive image sampler to something like 2 or 3.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Working...
    X