Frame buffer cleared when rendering region

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frame buffer cleared when rendering region

As stated in the title, I have a problem with the frame buffer clearing when i render a region. This happens if i start 3ds max and load an image to the frame buffer and then render a region. Everything around the region turns black. If i keep 3dsmax open after rendering the entire frame, I can keep rendering regions without losing the rest of the image, but if i restart max and then load the image into VFB, this problem happens. It has been like this I believe since i installed vray 3.6.

I am aware that denoiser will only show the last rendered region, but its still black around the region when switching to RGB color. Obviously the resolution is the same, and I have not ever been using RT, only Vray Adv.

I have searched the web and found multiple answers like "uncheck the clear vray fram buffer" and such, but I've never been able to find such an option anywhere.

3ds max 2018, vray 3.6.

This is really annoying since i have to composite changes to a render in photoshop instead of using the region as a part of a pre-existing render.

See my post here for same issue : https://forums.chaosgroup.com/forum/...04-vfb-cleared
    You are probably using V-Ray 3.60.04 right ? You should roll back to the previous version.

mekene

Comment

Thanks for the answer. But these are not great news. I see it was stated by the developers that it's not happening in Vray Next. However i purchased the permanent license for vray 3.x. Is there a fix for this bug coming? theedge what features am I missing out on when rolling back to the previous version?

Comment

I rolled back to 3.6.03 and indeed it works as intended now. Thanks theedge !

Comment

You can see a list of what you'll be missing here : https://docs.chaosgroup.com/display/VRAY3MAX/3.60.04

But if you rely a lot on region renders as I do, upgrading to the last version is not an option anyway.

mekene

Comment

Yeah me too, definately worth it to go back to .03

Comment

Working...
            X