Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• get "Gradient_ramp.Interpolation" value

Hi

This is not directly a Vray question, but Chaos group managed to solve the problem somehow in their vrscene exporter and i couldnt find an answer somewhere else on the web.
    I am currently writing my own custom VrayModel (mostly evermotion models) from Max to Maya exporter (Maxscript/Mel), as colleges in our office dont like the new nodes that are created when using (vray scene exporter), but prefer to have everything as native as possible in Maya. Most of the import export is already working but i am struggling to get the Interpolation value of the Gradient_ramp texture.

There is a forum discussion from almost 15 years ago:
    http://forums.cgsociety.org/archive/...p?t-70303.html

I was wondering if there is any update on this, or how Chaos group was retrieving the interpolation value, because when using their vrscene exporter/importer to Maya it clearly transfers this information. For example Solid (max)== None (Maya).

I am grateful for every hint to solve this.

Thanks

Marko

Hello,

As the old discussion says - many of the gradient ramp parameters are not exposed to MAXScript at all.
    Our vrscene exporter is written in C++ and goes through some obscure internals of the texture to get the value.

Best regards,
    Yavor

Yavor Rubenov
    V-Ray for 3ds Max developer

Comment

Thank you very much for the quick respond.
      Its a pity that autodesk is not updating the texture.

I found a not so elegant solution by sampling the color values with the RenderMap function. And by calculating the difference between values i was able to reconstruction the interpolation type. It serves the purpose for now...
      I will further check into the C++ version with my colleagues if the current method fails.

Kind regards

Marko

Comment

By the way - we'll be very welcome to any feedback you have about our solution for transfer with the vrscene exporter and the problems you are facing. Maybe we can fix them ?
        Yavor Rubenov
        V-Ray for 3ds Max developer

Comment

Working...
        X