Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Option to automatically clear VFB after making a change in IPR.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Option to automatically clear VFB after making a change in IPR.

I'm finding that IPR struggles on larger more intensive scenes, therefore when I make a tweak the VFB is slow to any reflect changes made.

It is sometimes just quicker to stop IPR, clear the VFB manually then restart IPR as I can see the changes more clearly, rather IPR overwriting the existing IPR image in the VFB (hope this makes sense).

Why not just hit the refresh button, rather than stopping IPR and clearing the VFB

Comment

Originally posted by andy51 View Post
      Why not just hit the refresh button, rather than stopping IPR and clearing the VFB
      Clicking refresh doesn't clear the VFB.

The only way around this is to resize the VFB, it then clears the VFB and starts the IPR from scratch. It's just a little tedious.

Comment

I tend to use region render for very complex, almost completed scenes, rather than constantly have to render the entire thing, using IPR. Then once the scene is complete, switch over to Final render. as IPR still has a few limitations, such as no volume fog etc. It's ideal at the beginning stage of a scene, when setting up lighting and cameras, but unless you have an insanely fast setup, it's not really ideal for very complex almost completed scenes.

Just make sure, if using V-Ray Next auto white balance/exposure, that once those setting are as you want them, you transfer them setting to the camera, and then turn off auto EB/EXP, before using region render, other wise you get some pretty crazy results, as the auto setting, use what region you set, to calculate the WB and EXP every time

Comment

Working...
        X