Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VFB colour corrections, option to burn in?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VFB colour corrections, option to burn in?

Hi,
    It would be very useful to have a tick box in the Vray settings, maybe in the VFB save section, to control whether the colour corrects setup in the VFB are saved or not onto the saved images. The CC controls are great for playing around, but a lot of time you dont want the changes to be burnt in, so you can make them in post, and have more control.

Thanks,
    Mark

You can simply deselect them, if I don't want them saved. Each section (exposure, white balance, curves etc) HAS a tick box, to turn it on and off. You can then save the original RAW render, then turn them all back on and save the corrected one as well, if you want. Personally I don't use that particular feature of the VFB, unless it's an insane client (thankfully I don't get many of those) who wants it last week. I would rather use render elements and do any correction etc, in Photoshop

Comment

Yes of course, I know that! But you have to remember to do it, and when submitting 10's of renders to Deadline etc, you can forget, I just have!. It would be a tick box that only works when its saving, so when your testing you can have them on and play around, but then on save it will ignore them.

Comment

I get what you are saying, and yes, a single turn them off when saving tick box, sounds like a sensible idea, but surely that tick box, could just as easily be forgotten as all the tick boxes you already have for turning certain corrections on and off...Be easier to have a card on the wall next to the monitor.. TURN OFF ALL CORRECTIONS IN VFB, before final rendering/saving and eventually it will become second nature, just as almost every repetitive task does

Comment

Yes, so my idea would be a tick box in the save area, and when on it will never burn in the CC's - but they still work in the VFB for testing. Then if its off, it saves them as normal.Then you chose at the time of setting your save location and don't have to remember anything.

Comment

You can download for free the VFB+ framebuffer it has colour correction/exposure gamma etc, and a lot of other cool handy features and it can simultanious save one output with the corrections and one without. here is the download link http://www.scriptspot.com/3ds-max/sc...x-frame-buffer
            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
            X