Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Render Select - Must have valid objects selected

Hi,

Small request but one that will likely prevent me getting stung in the future...

When using Render Select, if you forget to include any objects, you receive this error message. Unfortunately, when we submit these jobs to our render farm, they just sit there on the job idle showing this message for an infinite amount of time when they could be rendering another scene. Would it be possible to somehow get around this by making it a more severe error so that backburner/ renderpal shows us an error message and skips the chunk?

I know it's my fault for not checking the scene, but when you're working through many, many scenes - things like this can be missed!

Thank you

Might be better to use something else than selected if you send these to the farm. Like a selection set or something. I think the selected option is more for quick local tests.
    A.

---------------------
    www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

My fault for the confusion. We were rendering with Render Mask > Include/ Exclude list - but left the "Include..." option empty. Silly mistake but happened when changing settings across a tonne of scenes.

Comment

Working...
      X