Vray Frame Buffer Wish List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray Frame Buffer Wish List

Have been experimenting with a few different frame buffers (corona and VFB+) as am getting a little frustrated with the limitations of the vray frame buffer. So I thought I would put together a list of features that I would like to see implemented into the vray frame buffer (in no particular order):

1. Ability to add vignette
    2. Ability to add Chromatic Abberation (similar to ArionFX for photoshop)
    3. LUT - opacity slider and built in presets
    4. DOF (ability to specify zdepth pass as source like VFB+)
    5. Filmic highlights and filmic shadows (like corona and VFB+)
    6. Improved lens effects (same whinge everyone else has on this forum)

These all seem like pretty basic features that could easily be added but it seems like Chaos have been talking and promising about a new improved frame buffer for years now and nothing ever happens...

Anyway, anyone else got any ideas they would like to see added to the new vray frame buffer.... when it comes out in 2028?
    Nick Martin

ScreenAge - 3D Visualisation

www.screenage.com.au

Give us just one single function, in the VFB...but don't call it RENDER, call it "Make it perfect"

My thinking is this.. Photoshop is an image editor, yet they have added so much to it over the last few years, it is now "Bloatware" and slowly becoming a Jack of al trades, master of none

and I would hate to see the same thing happen to V-Ray.

Why not leave V-Ray to do what it is great at.. Rendering with only the very basic (play with but don't save) image editing features, which it has had for some time now, which should only be used to experiment with.. Leave the processing of said images to others, designed for the purpose. When you take a look around at the massive amount of talent out there, that can produce insanely good results, even with the much older versions of V-Ray, you can see, that much of al these extra VFB features, so many are asking for, just aren't needed...

Agree or not, that's my opinion...

Comment

We will probably do #6 (better lens effects) and part of #3 (the opacity slider) for the V-Ray Next update.

Best regards,
      Vlado
      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

I would also love the Opacity slider for LUT's. If you want all the features open your image in Coronas Image Editor and do it all there. Just ignore its Corona and think of it as your Post Production Image Editor and not to use PS

vlado Is there any news on when VFB2 is due to be released

Comment

vlado : Can you please elaborate on the status of the development for the reworked frame buffer?

I strongly disagree with Andy51: I want to be able to save the image exactly as I see it in the VFB. When I make any corrections in the framebuffer (exposure, contrast, LUT, whatever), I want to be able to save the image exactly like I see it in VFB.
          https://www.behance.net/Oliver_Kossatz

Comment

Originally posted by kosso_olli View Post
            vlado : Can you please elaborate on the status of the development for the reworked frame buffer?

I strongly disagree with Andy51: I want to be able to save the image exactly as I see it in the VFB. When I make any corrections in the framebuffer (exposure, contrast, LUT, whatever), I want to be able to save the image exactly like I see it in VFB.
            This +1000
            People work in different ways, and some people have teams doing different parts. But I just want to save what I see rendered and call it done (or mostly done)
            Kind Regards,
            Morne

Comment

Add EXIF data to renderings! Model names and camera settings / name. Please.
              www.studio2a.co

Comment

can all these settings also save with the VFB settings? am i missing something, but i don't believe current Lens Effect Settings save with the vray color corrections file. It would be great if all Settings were captured in one file.

Comment

I also strongly disagree with andy51. I'm no programmer but I would imagine that adding very basic tools like vignette and chromatic aberration would only take the gurus at chaos a couple of hours to code. It's not like they would spend weeks on it. So why not make them available for those that want them in the frame buffer?

If you don't want to use them then you don't have to. I know vray gets accused of being overly complex when compared to Corona and this is something that chaos have worked hard to overcome recently. But I think in the case of very simple to use features in the frame buffer to help us better preview our 'final' renders it should be a no brainer.

Maybe there could be an 'advanced' toggle in the frame buffer which turns on/off additional features?

And no we can't just use Corona frame buffer or VFB+ because they don't work in IPR mode.... we do 90% of our work in IPR and therefore are stuck with the vray frame buffer.
                  Last edited by nick_martin; 03-10-2018, 03:51 PM.
                  Nick Martin

ScreenAge - 3D Visualisation

www.screenage.com.au

Comment

Working...
                  X