Vray Target/Direct Light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray Target/Direct Light

Just a regular Vray light with a target would suffice (would be nice.)
    LunarStudio Architectural Renderings
    HDRSource HDR & sIBL Libraries
    Lunarlog - LunarStudio and HDRSource Blog

Yeah would be very handy. Getting sick of linking my vray lights to off direct lights just so that its easy to move and align vray lights

Comment

I second this.

didn't know about that Daforce, nice tip
      You can contact StudioGijs for 3D visualization and 3D modeling related services and on-site training.

Comment

hehehe thanks

quite simple.
        place direct, turn off direct, create vray light, align to direct x y z and all rotations, then link vray light to direct.

Just remember if for any reason you want to use the direct to cast caustics...you will need to move the vray light back just behind the direct light cause the vray light will block the caustics...took my awhile to work that out @#(*$&*(#@&%

HAHHA

Comment

The VRay light will block the direct even if it's invisible?
          ShaunDon

Comment

didnt try that. Probabaly would work, but in my case i wanted the vray light to be visible in reflection, so that didnt cross my mind.

But yeah making the vray light invisible would probably let the caustics thru.

Comment

Vraylights are awesome for interiors. Is there any benefit to using them for exteriors as opposed to a target direct with vrayshadows?
              sigpic
              J. Scott Smith Visual Designs

FB Fan Page: http://www.facebook.com/jssvisualdesigns
              http://www.linkedin.com/in/jscottsmith
              https://jscottsmith.com/

Comment

It's probably better to use a normal direct light for exterior sunlight.

As for the target - you can assign a LookAt controller to the rotation of the VRay light, and use some dummy object as the target. That way you won't need another light just to be able to place the VRayLight.

Best regards,
                Vlado
                I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

I like that one even more. Thanks.
                  You can contact StudioGijs for 3D visualization and 3D modeling related services and on-site training.

Comment

Thats a good idea Vlado.
                    But using a direct for sunlight is somewhat limited to external arch vis IMHO.

Someone needs to script that into a handy button

Comment

hmm, just tried the lookat constraint. It works fine but when I move the vraylight, it starts rotating around the lookat axis. Anyone knows how to solve that?

Comment

Set the up axis correctly
                        Signing out,
                        Christian

Comment

Working...
                        X