X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two Vray interface whishes

Nr. 1

What I would like is that certain interface items get grayed out when they
    can't be used or have no effect. This is already the case for certain parts of the interface, though not all: examples:

when using saved light cache, all options should be grayed out, except prefilter and filter

when using a map in the GI environment or Reflection/Refraction environment the multiplier should be grayed out.

I always forget with (caustic) photon mapping which values can be adjusted only before and which after calculating the map. would be handy when using a saved map, only values that have an effect are adjustable and others grayed out.

Nr.2:

lightcache, QMC GI, photonmap, irradiance map should be always visible
    I really dislike a changing menu like it is now.

Thanks
    You can contact StudioGijs for 3D visualization and 3D modeling related services and on-site training.

Nr1.
    I agree with you on this.

Nr2.
    I disagree, why would I want to see rollouts that are not used? If you take wish 1 into consideration they would be totally greyed out, so they might as well be hidden.
    Torgeir Holm | www.netronfilm.com

Comment

Well I just don't like changing menu's. That's one of the first things I turned off when running office XP. In this case it is only one menu item, but still...

If you set first and secondary bounces to lightcache for example, one menu item disappears. I don't prefer that behavior.

why would I want to see rollouts that are not used
      Do you use the authorization and about rollouts then?
      You can contact StudioGijs for 3D visualization and 3D modeling related services and on-site training.

Comment

I don't prefer that behavior.
        Exactly, it's a matter of preference. I just like the way it works now.
        Do you use the authorization and about rollouts then?
        Only to point it to the correct license server whenever I have changed that (only a couple of times) and to look at the pretty picture However these are closed down at the end of the Render Scene, and I don't have to scroll past them all the time.
        If I could have my way I would even like to remove the raytracer and advanced lighting tabs when VRay is the current renderer.
        Torgeir Holm | www.netronfilm.com

Comment

If I could have my way I would even like to remove the raytracer and advanced lighting tabs when VRay is the current renderer.
          Now this I would like very much. Not very important, but quite annoying for anal-retentives like me
          Signing out,
          Christian

Comment

Working...
          X