Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Use local host

Hey chaps,

Often for the purposes of keeping things going I'll be rendering on our render servers but with "use local host" unchecked so as I can keep working. It's fantastic.

I would like to propose a tweak to it; the ability to un-check it once a render has started. At the moment it is greyed out, meaning I have to stop the render if I wish to utilise my PC's resources to continue working.

Hope this makes sense and is easy to achieve! :P

Kind regards,
    Chris
    Check out my (rarely updated) blog @ http://macviz.blogspot.co.uk/

www.robertslimbrick.com

Cache nothing. Brute force everything.

Yes that sounds like a good idea
    Kind Regards,
    Morne

Comment

Un-checking it is easy; would you ever need the reverse though? (Adding the local machine at render time is not that easy ) In any case will make a note about it.

Best regards,
      Vlado
      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

would starting a spawner on local machine work if there is enough ram?
        Marcin Piotrowski
        youtube

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
          Un-checking it is easy; would you ever need the reverse though? (Adding the local machine at render time is not that easy ) In any case will make a note about it.

Best regards,
          Vlado
          A scenario that prompted me to post this.

I had left my PC and all the render servers running overnight on an animation, came in in the morning and it was still rendering. I didn't want to have to cancel the render and restart it at x-frame (I hadn't precalced the light cache so it could have rendered differently too); I just simply wanted to be able to use my PC for day-to-day use whilst the servers kept on rendering.
          Check out my (rarely updated) blog @ http://macviz.blogspot.co.uk/

www.robertslimbrick.com

Cache nothing. Brute force everything.

Comment

Working...
          X