Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Object Render selected update

Hi guys
    i found some render engine ( i dont know if its ok to say what it is here or not ) made a very cool feature that is so important

It made possible to render a selected object but with all its reflections and refractions on other objects as well

All this with an alpha channel tracing for both the object itself and wherever its reflected or refracted along the whole scene

I have samples but i have to ask if its ok to post them here

like debug shading in maya (and soon in max)?
    Last edited by ^Lele^; 16-04-2019, 07:13 AM.
    Lele
    Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
    ----------------------
    emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
    The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

the video you shared looks like object selected for me

anyway here is what i'm talking about

Comment

Oh i see, pre-canned LPEs.
        We'll have better than that, if not right away.
        I'd be curious to see how it is, speed-wise.
        There are some potential issues in that approach which would all but negate the benefits (compared to a whole rerender).
        What did you say it was, fStorm?
        Lele
        ----------------------

Disclaimer:
        The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

can you please explain this part (( We'll have better than that, if not right away ))

because am super excited right now

and yes its fstorm

Comment

I don't think it's a secret we've been working for a while on implementing LPEs.
            Next is the way it is also partly to enable those.
            As to when they'll be out, that's not known yet.
            Lele
            ----------------------

Disclaimer:

Comment

Well thats awesome news
              if by any chance you can pass a message for me

Is that we love vray and we don't like other render engines adding stuff vray still hasn't

its so sad seeing people switch to other render engines

Things like the light mixer , vfb 2 , and this render select .. etc

Just hurry up guys the industry is advancing so fast we dont want vray to fall behind

Comment

It isn't trivial: there are some things which work well in principle (or with three objects in the scene...) but that would collapse when a production scene was processed, resulting in potentially much slower render times than a full re-render would.
                Many scene nodes, long expressions, and so on will ground any renderer to a halt without much thought: it's definitely not a free meal, for anyone so far (i have currently no idea how fStorm implemented it, much less so of its performance.).

Also, you're read right in here, there's no need for me to pass anything on to anyone.
                Lele
                ----------------------

Disclaimer:

Comment

Working...
                X