Proxy objects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proxy objects

If possible it would be nice to have the proxy files treated similar to bitmaps as when archiving or network rendering having the proxy files go into the archive file with everything else.

-dave
    Cheers,
    -dave
    ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 1950X ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 2990WX ■ ASUS PRIME X399 - 2990WX ■ GIGABYTE AORUS X399 - 2990WX ■ ASUS Maximus Extreme XI with i9-9900k ■

Yes, it can be done easily, I think.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

so... i next release then???

Comment

Yep, it's already in for the next release.

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Can this help us handle very large in size and amount of textures? Currently on the show I am working on, we have many 8k textures totaling over a gig... the way that Renderman deals with it makes this possible without running out of ram. Pretty sure it does it by dealing with textures as mipmaps. Would archieving it be the same?

Comment

by archive i believe he meant the File / Archive thing.. its sort of a Resource Collector.. that actually works..

the only thing i know of similar to what you're asking is the evil Bitmap Pager..
            Dave Buchhofer. // Vsaiwrk

Comment

yea you had it rite, I was talking about archiving the files and when you select include maps when using back burner.

Any idea when that mite get released Vlado?

Thanks again,

-dave
              Cheers,
              -dave
              ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 1950X ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 2990WX ■ ASUS PRIME X399 - 2990WX ■ GIGABYTE AORUS X399 - 2990WX ■ ASUS Maximus Extreme XI with i9-9900k ■

Comment

Working...
              X