Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Render region preview

Hi all!

I find a little strange the fact that render region option in the VFB is not useful if I have to change the resolution of my image or is the first render I do after opening 3dsmax.

I make an example: I open 3dsmax max and want to make a render of the bottom right corner of my 3000x2000px image, I open the VFB and it is grayed out since it's the first render I'm working on. I cannot use the VFB render region then I have to use the 3dsmax render region. After that render is finished I change camera, change the resolution and I use a vertical aspect like 2000x3000 and I have to render the bottom left corner. I have to use again the 3dsmax render region function.

Is there a way to be able to use the VFB in a more "dynamic" way?
    An idea "maybe" is that when I click on region render in VFB I obtain a very low res image (maybe a snapshot) of the viewport rescaled to the final render image that will help me to choose the right place to region render.

This would be helpful in order to avoid to "forget" the 3dsmax render region activated

Thanks
    Ale

Ale
    Vray Next for 3dsmax - Certified Professional

nice idea!
    Lele
    Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
    ----------------------
    emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
    The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Originally posted by Alessio View Post
      (maybe a snapshot) of the viewport rescaled to the final render image that will help me to choose the right place to region render.
      There is a script in the soulburn scripts pack that does exactly that.
      German guy, sorry for my English.

Comment

Hi Ihno thanks for the info... I'll take a look at the script!
        I usually prefer not to use external scripts because it's a mess to keep them updated but waiting for the function in Vray maybe I'll use it
        Ale
        Vray Next for 3dsmax - Certified Professional

Comment

It's called viewportToVFBLoader in the SoulburnScripts and I use it from time to time, very handy. As to not using Scripts, the Soulburn scripts are the first scripts I install when I start a fresh Max. 3dsmax without scripts is just useless.
          A.

---------------------
          www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

Working...
          X