Denoiser Tab in VFB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Denoiser Tab in VFB

It would be very helpful if the denoiser settings were able to be adjusted from the VFB in a similar way that the Bloom/ Glare settings are handled. It seems counter-intuitive to have to go to render elements tab to adjust settings on an image that's already rendered. Also it would be nice to be able to denoise a render if you even if you did not initially add the VRay denoiser render element. Lastly being able to change the post effects rate in VFB would also help since these settings work together.

In general, I think being able to easily access these settings without having to dig through the rest of the settings would help streamline the process since they are so important to the final result.

+1, VFB denoising adjustments would be much more convenient

Comment

To be honest I don't find it counterintuitive to revisit the render element.. You have to add the denoiser before rendering, but once rendered, you can change the values. Now while I can see the point of adding adjustments to the denoiser to the VFB, rather than having to revisit the render elements tab, I do not see how you can ask to be able to denoise a render that never had the element added before rendering, it would have to be re-rendered. It's like asking to be able to adjust displacement, when you never added displacement..The denoiser is a very different beast to the bloom and glare effect

Comment

Right, I agree. My ‘+1’ was in reference to having the denoising adjustments right in the VFB. I don’t mind adding it as a render element but going back there each time is tedious.

Comment

Maybe, always have the denoiser element activated in the background but not calculated depending on a on/off check box in the VFB? It would be nice to also be able to switch between the Nvidia and Vray Denoiser from the VFB while we're at it .

Comment

Originally posted by danio View Post
            Right, I agree. My ‘+1’ was in reference to having the denoising adjustments right in the VFB. I don’t mind adding it as a render element but going back there each time is tedious.
            danio Do you find yourself tweaking the values of the default denoiser?

I ask because I'm usually either using the Default Denoiser set to Default or occasionally switching to Optix. I was curious if you or others have manual settings that you use and what the results entail?

Not that the default denoiser setting needs to be better, I think it's a miracle and a gift that works so beautifully, hence my never tweaking it from the default.

Comment

Working...
            X