Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ocio save in image option

Hello,

is it possible to get a "save in image" option in the Ocio VFB settings in order to be able to save directly the VFB result in a JPG/TIFF file ?

THanks

Ok, will look into it.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Thanks, will save the time and hd space saving to .exr, going to nuke, exporting etc...!

Comment

I'm really sorry for bumping this thread, I just didn't want to make more threads than necessary.

I was curious if this feature is planned to be released in the near future. My workflow right now (as I imagine it is with many users) is a bit cumbersome when I've already done the post-processing I want in the VFB, but still have to go to AE or Nuke to redo the ACES RRT to render a movie file.
        Will the "Save OCIO in Render" button appear in the next release, maybe?

Also, I understand that this would be limited to non-float renders.
        Last edited by Jorq1H; 08-08-2019, 05:05 AM.

Comment

I'm bumping this thread too.
          It's been a while now and I'm glad to see that the "save in image" feature has been implemented for OCIO too.
          But, for some reason, OCIO is still not saved correctly into the image file, or it saves it wrongly(the image is brighter and washed out). Am I missing something?

How do you properly save what you see in the VFB ?
          CGI studio: www.moxels.com

i7-4930K @ 3,4GHz watercooled
          Asus Rampage V Extreme Black Edition Intel X79
          64 GB DDR3 Corsair Vengeance Jet Black 1866 MHz Quad Channel
          8 * GTX Titan X
          960GB SSD Crucial M500 SATA-3
          nVidia drivers: always latest
          Windows 10 up to date

Comment

Hello,

How do you save the image and in what format ? If you go through the various Max outputs - Max applies gamma by default on top of the corrected image - if you override it to 1.0 you should get the same result.

Best regards,
            Yavor
            Yavor Rubenov
            V-Ray for 3ds Max developer

Comment

Working...
            X