• Show
Clear All

• vray light decay range options

This has been requested for a while and we really need it

So many things can be done with this

Any updates on this matter would be good

ya ragel kabbar mo5ak ... kol sana wenta tyb

Comment

What kind of things do you want to do with it? It will help us prioritize the feature or think of other ways for implementing it.

Best regards,
      Vlado
      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

vlado

Please take a look at that old post
        https://forums.chaosgroup.com/forum/...sc-decay-range

Comment

Ali Essawy wenta tayeb ya negm haha

Comment

+1 from me for a decay function for VrayLights.....wasn`t this once available in Vray3 ?
            3DUO | Robin Arnecke
            Visualisation + Animation

www.3Duo.de

Comment

ah yes +1... remember Mayas decay function - really sometimes regardless of their physical correctness a tool being creative...

as we see arch.henry is waiting since 2018...! oh all gods on this earth - redeem him... =)

Comment

I second that...

Comment

Hello,

Great idea, why no replies on this?
                  www.rwvision.com.pl

Comment

I agree, we need this.

Granted, physical reality is fantastic and improves yearly. But, we still need the ability to break physics to be creative. Having the option to "decay" the light in a non-physically correct way needs no reason. We just need to be able to do it.
                    ------------------------------------------------------------
                    V-Ray 6.20.06, 3ds Max (3D Studio thru Max 2025), GIGABYTE X570 AORUS Master Motherboard, Ryzen 9 3950x CPU, Noctua NH-D15S CPU Cooler, 128 GB G.SKILL Trident Z Neo DDR4 Ram, NVidia RTX 4090, Space Pilot Pro, Windows 11, Tri-Monitor, Cintiq 13HD
                    -----------------------------------------
                    Autodesk Expert Elite Member
                    ------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Why not to use 3dsmax built-in Directional and Spot lights , these lights are no decay by default.

I perseonally think non-physical correct options will easy to mislead users make non-physical render

and if you indeed want to turn on 'No Decay' function , select a vray light, run a script :

$.noDecay = true

the effect comes back

Comment

Originally posted by will_will View Post

and if you indeed want to turn on 'No Decay' function , select a vray light, run a script :

$.noDecay = true

the effect comes back
                        While this is possible, I wouldn't recommend it. It's hidden for a reason. There were some technical aspects that made us do it, not only the physical correctness.

As for the latter there are some things in the works that might surprize you next Update (6.1) if they turn out non problematic.
                        If it was that easy, it would have already been done

Peter Matanov
                        Chaos

Comment

Originally posted by matanov View Post

While this is possible, I wouldn't recommend it. It's hidden for a reason. There were some technical aspects that made us do it, not only the physical correctness.

As for the latter there are some things in the works that might surprize you next Update (6.1) if they turn out non problematic.
                          Yeah, it's not good idea to change it ,
                          For the next update, I can't wait to try it ! ​​

Comment

Working...
                          X