Anamorphic lenses redux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anamorphic lenses redux

Hey Guys - I mentioned this before, but thought I'd say it again... Any chance we could get an aspect ratio spinner for anamorphic defocusing in the DOF settings? I believe Vlado said it would be really easy to impliment, and I'm currently trying to match stuff to live action that was shot anamorphic... been hoping for this for a while now... (We even had this implimented in Arnold at my request)

The other thing is - would it be possible to somehow simulate the properties of anamorphic lenses (or any lens for that matter) to do an actual physical simulation of a lens flare. None of the current post-produced lens flares like Knoll flare pro or whatever else come anywhere close to matching some of the intricately detailed stuff that goes on in real lenses. Obviously this would be a hell of a lot more complicated, but curious if it was something thats possible, or even of interest to anyone else. I've had to match flares a bunch of times with live action stuff, and current tools are sorely unsatisfactory. I know lens flares are soooo 1994, but they still have their uses.

Have a look at Punch Drunk Love (or even Die Hard) for some great looking anamorphic flares
Working...
X