More Proxy ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Proxy ideas

Just a thought but a global or selected option for switching btwn bounding box and preview from file in the viewports.

-dave
    Cheers,
    -dave
    ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 1950X ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 2990WX ■ ASUS PRIME X399 - 2990WX ■ GIGABYTE AORUS X399 - 2990WX ■ ASUS Maximus Extreme XI with i9-9900k ■

Hi Syclone1,

Looong time reader, first time poster....

I hope this can be of some use. Two days ago I wrote two very simple scripts (if you want to call them that) to do just that. I have never wrote a script before. And probably never will again as I have basically no idea what I'm doing . Having said that...

I created a button to turn all VRay proxies to a bounding box with:

select $VRayProxy*
    $.display = 0
    $.boxmode = on

First line selects all proxy objects that start with "VRayProxy" (the default proxy name). Second line turns them all to bounding box. Third line is the Max version of the bounding box to make the boxes wireframe so you can see through them.

Then I created another button to turn them all back to preview by doing the opposite:

select $VRayProxy*
    $.display = 1
    $.boxmode = off

This is how I toggle them on and off. If someone has a better way of doing this I'm all ears....er...eyes .
    Paul

Comment

Cool thanks Horizon Ill give it a shot, me and maxscript are like oil and water

-dave
      Cheers,
      -dave
      ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 1950X ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 2990WX ■ ASUS PRIME X399 - 2990WX ■ GIGABYTE AORUS X399 - 2990WX ■ ASUS Maximus Extreme XI with i9-9900k ■

Comment

A more universal one

Code:
        objs = $objects
        for i = 1 to objs.count do

(
        if classof objs[i] == vrayproxy do
        	(
        	if objs[i].display == 0 then
        		(objs[i].display = 1)
        		else (objs[i].display = 0)
        	)
        )
        That's a toggle that goes for the class, what means that you can rename them whatever you want. Also no Objects get selected.
        Toggle the state of all your proxies at once means, that it turns any proxy displayed as a mesh into box and vice versa. So to work in the way you exspect it to, all proxies should be set to one view mode in the beginning.
        that's an easy one, too:

Code:
        objs = $objects

(
        	(
        	objs[i].display = 0
        	)
        )
        You can easily turn that into a shortcut or quad entry.

Best regards,
        Michael
        This signature is only a temporary solution

Comment

Thanks Sushidelic! That's great! Just ignore the junk I wrote before. Would it be possible to throw Max's "Display as Box" command in there as well? When applying VRay's "bounding box" option they show up solid which can get in the way when you've got a lot of proxies. To overcome this I apply "Display as Box" to make them show as wireframe.

Thanks again.
          Paul

Comment

Thanks Sushidelic, I will be trying that soon

-dave
            Cheers,
            -dave

Comment

The one with box mode

Code:
              objs = $objects 

( 
              	( 
              		if objs[i].display == 0 then 
              			(
              			objs[i].display = 1
              			objs[i].boxmode = off
              			) 
              		else
              			(
              			objs[i].display = 0
              			objs[i].boxmode = on
              			) 
              	) 
              )
              Best regards,
              Michael
              This signature is only a temporary solution

Comment

Excellent! Thanks for taking the time Michael!
                Paul

Comment

Okay, these scripts don't seem to work for me....I don't think they work if you're running the N-Vida drivers for MAX.

The "solid box" script only affects some proxies, and when I'm in wireframe the proxies are completely invisible.

The "bounding box" script makes all proxies invisible.

Any ideas?

Comment

Thats a problem with the proxys themselves, not the script..

I'm having the same issue here on Nvidia's OpenGL, and on maxtreme 7.00.03,
                    Dave Buchhofer. // Vsaiwrk

Comment

Thats a problem with the proxys themselves, not the script..

I'm having the same issue here on Nvidia's OpenGL, and on maxtreme 7.00.03
                      Dave Buchhofer. // Vsaiwrk

Comment

Turns out it's the Maxtreme driver. Seems that is not only effects this script but the VRay Proxies themselves. If you run max without it, it seems fine.

Comment

Working...
                        X