Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

V-Ray Standalone. How do I get the complete rendertime of a resumed frame?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V-Ray Standalone. How do I get the complete rendertime of a resumed frame?

Hello,
    I love the resumable rendering feature, but is there a way to get the overall render time of a frame that has been resumed ones or more times?

When I use the standalone version it usually shows "frame took xx.xx s." right before closing the log. Unfortunately when it resumes a frame, it will only show the time AFTER the last resume.
    So If I have a frame that takes 1hour and after 30 minutes of rendering, the render cancels for whatever reason, if it then it gets resumed, the log will show "frame took 1800.00 s." (30 minutes). Which might technically be correct, it took this long since the renderer started, but I would like to know the overall frame time. Is this possible to figure out from V-Ray itself without having to do crazy workarounds like parsing the logs and adding stuff?

Any Idea would be helpfull.

BTW. Deadline shows this behavior as well when using Deadlines V-Ray plugin for the standalone version. If a task is completed and has resumed in between, it shows the completed task time as the "time after the last resume" which
    is again technically correct but it makes it very hard for the user to extrapolate the ACTUAL render times per frame.

Thank you
    -Robert

By the way, if I use the vrimg2exr with the -info parameter on vrimg file that has been resumed at least one time, the info on the rendertime is wrong as well. Weirdly it seems that this info represents the "first" portion of rendering meaning the time from when the frame initially started to the first "cancel".

-Robertt

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion. We may consider implementing the total render time when using resumable rendering. I'll make a note about it to our developers.
      Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
      Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Hey!
        It's been a year now!
        Do we have a solution for this yet?

Thank you
        -Robert

Comment

Not quite yet. However, your improvement request is logged (internal bug-tracker id: VMAX-9135). I'll see if we can increase its priority.
          Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
          Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Working...
          X