Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wish: Tilt shift for horizontal and vertical direction, not only one

Hi,

since it is a core feature wish I ask here and not at the silent Rhino forum.

Could it be possible to get an extra tilt correction option for the vertical direction? Good architecture photographer use lens to correct in horizontal and/or vertical direction. An example of this lenses can be found here:
    https://www.the-digital-picture.com/...hift-Lens.aspx

Attached images (it's a simplified building ) shows left the standard tilt shift correction, vertical lines are straight upward. The right image shows a correction in both directions - horizontal lines are perfect kept.

Since simulating cameras is a topic for V-Ray this special lens effects should not be missed.

-Micha
    www.simulacrum.de ... visualization for designer and architects

Isn't that just about the angle of the lens though?
    http://www.jd3d.co.uk - Vray Mentor

Comment

Yes, the tilt shift option simulate an lens angle, but at the moment only in one direction. The same is need in the other direction.

Comment

The Tilt Shift Option can handle both vertical and horizontal. So I don't understand what you are asking for. Unless of course you are talking about Rhino and V-Ray for Rhino doesn't have both. If that is the case, I suggest you post in the Rhino forum, quiet or not, you can't hi-jack the V-Ray forums, because of that.

Good architectural photographers, use what ever they want, perspective and tilt/shift correction are not always necessary or wanted, it depends in the result they are after
        for me Auto correction, is too much, I like a small amount of distortion, due to using a wide angle lens at close quarters.. It's one reason I cannot work in orthographic views, as I have seen many modellers doing. Humans do not see in that way, so I cannot model in that way

Personally if you want it corrected in both Vertical and Horizontal, what you really need to do is one of two things, and what what an architect would call and elevation

Use a very powerful telephoto and stand a long way away, this flattens all perspective and you get what is basically a flat elevation

OR change the type of camera to Orthographic (tricky to use, as the view you see in the viewport, is nothing like that rendered, so interactive rendering is very useful in this situation

This is V-Ray Next, V-Ray Physical Camera, Tilt and Shift, just to prove it can do both, Vertical and Horizontal Tilt/Shift
        Attached Files
        Last edited by andy51; 27-09-2019, 04:00 PM.

Comment

andy51 Thank you for your suggestion. I didn't expect it's already working and an exist core feature. It's so frustrating that great pro features are not implement at V-Ray Next for Rhino.

Comment

Originally posted by Micha View Post
            andy51 Thank you for your suggestion. I didn't expect it's already working and an exist core feature. It's so frustrating that great pro features are not implement at V-Ray Next for Rhino.
            We strive to give everyone the best of experiences, and all the possible tools: you can bet your last dime on that.
            Wishes and reality often do clash, however, and not everything can be implemented as quickly as we'd like.
            Spamming the Max forum with Rhino requests is however *not* the way to get attention, or priority (not of the right kind, anyway.).

It wastes people's time, and requires further comms from our side to just get the right person to the right thread, not to mention the trace it leaves in the forum, making searching it all the more difficult.
            For example, this thread implies V-Ray for Max has an issue with horizontal tilt, or there would be no need for a wish, but it's patently false.
            This is a serious disservice to new users using forum search and trying to get their heads around the tools they see for the first time.

Please refrain from doing so again, and stick to the Rhino forum for Rhino features, Micha.
            Lele
            Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
            ----------------------
            emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
            The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

^Lele^ I understood it already. I thought it could be a new core feature, since in the last 12 years this option didn't popup at the Rhino plugin. I see now it's available at the option file all the time and it was only a problem that it wasn't implement at the UI. Since it needs days or weeks to get in touch at the Rhino forum I hoped to talk about new core features here. Next time I will better investigate.

Comment

Working...
              X