No announcement yet.

Could we get a clearer warning-message?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could we get a clearer warning-message?

When running a scene with lots of new and older objects, sometimes I get this warning - but with hundreds of objects and materials it's a bit of a guessing-game to actually find the culprit.
    I suspect Vray doesn't just throw these warnings for fun and must have identified exactly where the problem is, so please let us know what it is
    Is it possible to make this a bit clearer?

If you run the V-Ray scene converter script, it will automatically convert these nodes to VRayNormalMap. But you are right that it might help to list the objects with the specific texture too - sometimes the name of the texture itself is not very indicative.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

I know about the converter script, but then I would have to run it every single time I build a new scene - Instead it would be nice to just fix my faulty asset and update it so I don't get the problem next time.

Comment

Best way to fix 'faulty' assets as you call them, is to load them up in a new scene, fix the problem(s) and resave them. That's the problem with using old assets, that have incorrect materials/textures. I have a whole drive, specifically for assets I use frequently, all loaded up in Max, all fixed using the conversion script and all lights, cameras removed (if necessary), resaved and ready to just drop into any scene.. It's al part of the workflow, but only has to be done once, from that point you can just get on with your work.. Unless you have created the asset, during the scene building process, I find it's always much easier to decide what assets I will use and if necessary, load them up individually and solve any problem they may cause later.

Comment

Working...
        X