Double render

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Double render

Could it be possible to have 2 outputs ?

We are actually working with multiparts EXR, so our beauty can grow up, with ~20 render elements, to +200 Mo each frame.
    So the lighting team is loosing time by loading in RAM every sequence in PDPlayer.
    It could be nice to have a double output :
    - 1 EXR multipart with all render elements
    - 1 jpeg (or whatever) only of the Beauty, just to check if the render is fine.

Or we also save an 32b deep output while we are rendering a 16b multipart beauty.

All the informations are in the Vray Frame Buffer, so why can't we save multiple formats ?

Thanks
    -p-
    http://tatprod.com/

You have the max standard output, the render channels output and/or the raw image output. All 3 of them can be switched on. For stills I use all 3 of them. jpg for the beauty with max dialog and output channels in .tga. And a vrimg as a raw so we can have some finetuning in the VFB first if needed.

So I'm not sure if I understand correctly but this is already possible.
    A.

---------------------
    www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

- 3ds max output : indeed, this could work. It would just not allow the 'trick' to lower the 3dsmax resolution to minimum (aka 100x100) to reduce the memory consumption by 3dsmax Frame Buffer.
      - Vray raw image : that what's we use for rendering (multipart EXRs)
      - Separate render channels will save all the render elements activated, while i just want a beauty. Like actually we can unsave RGB, we could have 'RGB only' option that would do the job.
      http://tatprod.com/

Comment

Originally posted by pingus View Post
        - 3ds max output : indeed, this could work. It would just not allow the 'trick' to lower the 3dsmax resolution to minimum (aka 100x100) to reduce the memory consumption by 3dsmax Frame Buffer.
        Is that still a thing? Cant save much can it?

Comment

Well the resolution trick of Max, not sure if it still saves that much RAM, with workstations having 64GB-128GB on average, well here at least.
          A.

---------------------
          www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

Working...
          X