3dsmax viewport lighting - Vray support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3dsmax viewport lighting - Vray support

In Max 2020 Autodesk has focused a bit on making the viewport lighting and materials better/more accessible and more on par with what you get when rendering, sort of like what Blender has done with EEVEE and Cycles.

Now it would be awesome if this could extend a bit further to Vray. For example, if Vray dome lights could affect the viewports similar to having an HDRI in the environment slot. It would also be nice to get good viewport previews for other vray lights and materials.

Is it possible to get some improvements in this area?

Yes, it's on the "to do" list.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

I hope its not the same To Do list as the VFB and material library is on.

Comment

Originally posted by Nicinus View Post
        Why would anyone have a separate "To do list", for each and every requested feature. Wouldn't exactly be a list would it.

Comment

Originally posted by Nicinus View Post
          well, those things are actively being worked on, so it would be best if it is on the same list, actually.

Best regards,
          Vlado
          I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

i have a blank to do list to make myself feel better.
            e: info@adriandenne.com
            w: www.adriandenne.com

Comment

I’m just kidding around, but I really would like to see that new VFB with light mix sooner rather than later.

Comment

VFB and light mixer has been over a year, displacement working in bercon tiles etc, all this would be fab, the first two would make the user experience even better. Also without sounding harsh some decent tutorials and more explanatory help files would be lovely, just looking at displacement recently and had to go searching online for help (https://garagefarm.net/how-displacem...-v-ray-part-1/). Apart from these minor grumbles Vray with Forest Pack are both classy plugins.
                AMD Threadripper 3990x 64C Processor, 128 GB DDR4-3200 Ram, 48 GB PNY Quadro RTX A6000, ​Windows Pro 10.0.19045, 3dsmax 2024 SP3, Vray 6 Update 2.1, Vantage 2.3.0​

Comment

Working...
                X