Sliders for VrayFur maps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sliders for VrayFur maps

Please if possible can you implement 0-1 sliders for the Maps in VrayFur? or 0-100%. To allow a map to be applied only partially to the fur object (eg. I have a noise map plugged into a cellular map driving my Initial Direction map (RGB). Because it's a RGB map it's not possible for me to use midscale values of red, green or blue). Hope that makes sense!

Thanks a mil,
    Terri

Just mix the map with the neutral rgb color (128, 128, 255) and it should do the trick.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Hi Vlado. This is a rather late reply! I'm not entirely sure what you mean - do you mind providing a screenshot? Do you mean to mix my noise map with a plain vray color map, or with another noise map?

I'm doing the same thing again - except this time using a gradient map to drive it. (screenshot attached)

thanks
      Attached Files

Comment

hi guys...sorry to bother but anyone else have an explanation for this? As in what map I must mix my noise/gradient map with? I'm using it on a project now. Thanks everyone!

Comment

Does that mix map you're using not do what you need, when using white as the colour 2 and mixing between that and the colour 1 gradient?
          I think that describes the 0-100%, where white = 0. Maybe I'm incorrect but it appears to work.
          Not sure what Vlado meant tbh
          https://www.behance.net/bartgelin

Comment

RGB 128 128 255 - blue, like blue in the normal map describing flat places. that blue as initial direction map will make fur perpendicular to the surface (plus variation from fur settings).
            mix that blue with your gradient map and you have your slider.
            Marcin Piotrowski
            youtube

Comment

Yes that makes sense...mistakenly I used the spinners for the values, rather than via the colour swatch, which gave me the incorrect result
              https://www.behance.net/bartgelin

Comment

Thanks Marcin. Yeah I originally created the blueish purplish colour as a mix colour. But it doesn't do anything. See attached images - mixed with 1.0, 0,5 and 0 consecutively. (Ps I'm now using a noise map to drive direction...but same same).

I also tried mixing with white, 125 grey & black. Same thing.

Am I missing something?
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by TerriBrown3D View Post
                  Thanks Marcin. Yeah I originally created the blueish purplish colour as a mix colour. But it doesn't do anything. See attached images - mixed with 1.0, 0,5 and 0 consecutively. (Ps I'm now using a noise map to drive direction...but same same).

I also tried mixing with white, 125 grey & black. Same thing.

Am I missing something?
                  mix as in:
                  100% mix = blue
                  0% mix = your map
                  mix amount is your slider 0-100%
                  Marcin Piotrowski
                  youtube

Comment

Originally posted by piotrus3333 View Post

mix as in:
                    100% mix = blue
                    0% mix = your map
                    mix amount is your slider 0-100%
                    yeah sorry if I was unclear. That's what I did. The three images are of the slider at 0 (my map fully), then 0,5 (half of my map & half blue), and 1.0 (fully blue). But it doesn't change anything.

Comment

are you on GPU by any chance? if so - probably Mix map not working in this case.
                      try VRayComp:
                      Attached Files
                      Marcin Piotrowski
                      youtube

Comment

piotrus3333 no I'm using CPU not GPU.

so I switched from a mix map to a vraycomptex and now it's working. bizarre. good to know though! hope that can help others down the line. Thanks Marcin!

Comment

Working...
                        X