Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VRayTriPlanarTex working in particle space

Hi!

I think it would be good, if the VRayTriPlanar Tex would also work with particles shape geometry.

Right now you can only choose local object or reference node space.

For example I got some rocks falling down. Each rock as single object is shaded with TriPlanarTex. It works well. Now I set the rocks as particle shapes and apply the rockshader with the TriPlanarTex to the particle system. Then, when it comes to render, the rock geometry seems to slide underneath the texture because the particle system is one object with one local object space and the texture stays in place.
    So a "particle space"-option for the TriPlanarTex map-node would be very great!

Thanks so far!

Thanks for the suggestion. I've made a note about it (internal bug-tracker id: VMAX-9645).
    Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Awesome I hope it will be implemented soon ...

Comment

Does it work if you use the VRayInstancer to instance the rocks?

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

I have to try it. Formerly I used tyFlow to render, which has a very good VRay interace (I think), where I already worked with VRayProxies as particle shape geometry. I already reported this to Tyson but he mentioned its incompatible http://forum.tyflow.com/thread-1435.html .

But as I said I have to try it with VRayInstancer. Will report here soon.

Comment

Now I have done it. AAAAAAAND - IT WORKS!

TriPlanarTexture works when rendering the particle system with VRay Instancer.

BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUT there is another issue I reported here:
            http://forum.tyflow.com/thread-1620.html

Comment

Working...
            X