Environment map in Vray Light Lister

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Environment map in Vray Light Lister

This must have been requested before but a search didn't produce anything.

I would like to switch on and off the environment map in Vray Light Lister, please.

Or maybe most people put Vraysky in the dome nowadays?

Comment

Since roughly 2006, when the dome was introduced with importance sampling (absent for the environment map.).
      The difference in noise levels is night and day, try it and you won't be coming back.
      Lele
      Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
      ----------------------
      emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
      The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Lol, thank, Lele. But seriously, is that documented or recommended somewhere? Isn't the dialogue requester asking if I want to add Vraysky a Chaosgroup/Vray thing? If so, why isn't it placed in a domelight instead if this is best practice?

Comment

Ah, no, you're right.
          The dialog that prompts to put a sky in the background is old (possibly before the dome had IS, go figure!), and personally i find it a nuisance.
          On the other hand, a background slot is always present, while adding a dome has its own set of complications (is it unique? is it meant to be visible? and so on and so forth.).

I have, to this effect, made a little set of tools to help with this (among other things.).
          They are semi-official, in that they have been vetted and approved, but there is no support on them (i.e. use at your own risk.) besides what i may or may not be able to give you.

The dome, however, has funky creation behaviours and should help automatise a few of the things you are facing.
          Lele
          ----------------------

Disclaimer:
          The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Originally posted by ^Lele^ View Post
            Since roughly 2006, when the dome was introduced with importance sampling (absent for the environment map.).
            The difference in noise levels is night and day, try it and you won't be coming back.
            Are you wanna say that we need put VraySky to VrayDome light and it will be faster and less noisy?

Comment

Originally posted by Mikhalenko View Post
              Are you wanna say that we need put VraySky to VrayDome light and it will be faster and less noisy?
              Quite so, yes!
              Lele
              ----------------------

Disclaimer:

Comment

Originally posted by ^Lele^ View Post
                Quite so, yes!
                Omg, my world never be the same again

Comment

Working...
                X