Cryptomatte additions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cryptomatte additions

It would be great if the cryptomatte could include all layers. For example at the moment the cryptomatte just seems to save the last child of a nested layer. Means that the parent layer isnt saved.

Second great addition would be, if the type "node material name" could also work for multi materials. Or maybe add the option to also save material ids.

Is is possible to add this "features"? Or is this depending on someone else?

Comment

Just to add to this as I have been using it quite a bit recently. CryptoMatte layers in Photoshop at least only seem to work with RAW 32 bit EXR. If I download a 32bit EXR from Chaos Cloud for example and re-apply any colour correction adjustments inside the VFB locally. Re-saving out the EXR as 32-bit does not hold the CryptoMatte info and as a result Photoshop no longer sees the individual layers. I have to save out an RGB pass only with the colour corrections applied and also use the original EXR for all the CryptoMatte layers.

Comment

Any statement from chaosgroup regarding that wish?

Comment

It's possible, certainly. Do you want this to be an option, or all layers should always be included?

Best regards,
          Vlado
          I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

For our needs we would need all layers. If this breaks some workflows for others I dont know. So I dont really care if this would be an option our default.

For the multi-material addition I would say this should just be standard. So that you have the multimaterial itself and also the sub materials. And having material ids as maybe another option would be great.
            Can you have multiple instances of cryptomatte? So for example one for layers and another one for materials?

Comment

@vlado
              Could you get a rough estimate when these additions could be added? For hotfix 4 or maybe sp1?

Comment

Working...
              X