Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new proxy for 3ds max

hi,
    i cannot wait to see this https://docs.chaosgroup.com/display/...5uDevisQs69qXk in max version. when we can expect this. its a total gamechanger!! cant wait

It's on the "to do" list. Can you tell me which of the features of the new proxy node in Maya are the most interesting for you? It will help to prioritize the development

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

everything

but mainly hierarchy view with possibility to hide/show certain objects create rules and reassing their material inside proxy (now how it works in max is a bit buggy and hard to work with lot of objects inside proxy) the best option will be to see independent objects directly in viewport and be able to select them and work with them as if they were independent object just inside "container"(proxy)

second speed

third proxy object inside cryptomatte (not mentioned in docs but its my special wish )

thanks

Comment

Thanks, this is helpful

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Indeed the hierarchy system is very useful and ability to have cryptomatte read the objects inside the proxy too.
          But most importantly is improvements to speed. Current vrayproxy is very slow (not sure if it's single threaded). But playing back a cached abc animation is like 4-5x slower than the default alembic importer. Instancing inside the proxy is also extremely slow in the viewport. Exporting is also slow, for example exporting a animated tree to vrayproxy is like 10x slower compared to the native alembic. So at least for us, any improvement to speed is much appreciated! (I'm on a TR 2970WX)

edit - A huge feature would be a "cache animation" button, so that we could playback cached animations properly
          Last edited by Moriah; 11-09-2020, 03:24 AM.

Comment

Crytomatte and material override.
            Hierarchy is neat. But, could be after crytomatte and material.
            If you can actually show layer, that would be better than hierarchy,

Comment

https://youtu.be/zE0ppaK3ONY?t=629 this is just amazing. I dont understand why its only in "to do" list for max vray. like i said its a gamechanger. really want to see this in update 1

Comment

Is there a way to adjust Alembic's Velocity multiplier like V-Ray Maya?

3ds Max V-Ray Proxy (Alembic) wants the same parameter adjustment as V-RayMaya.

OakCorp Japan - Yuji Yamauchi
                oakcorp.net
                v-ray.jp

Comment

any news here? its hard to move to vray 5 without this crucial feature set for proxies
                  Last edited by frodopytlicek; 09-12-2020, 11:22 PM.

Comment

Looks like it won't make it for Update 1
                    If it was that easy, it would have already been done

Peter Matanov
                    Chaos

Comment

That is really unfortunate... do you think it will come out on a nightly as soon as it's done, or do we have to wait for Update 2 which might come out only Q3/4 2021?

Comment

I don't see it coming in the nightlies in Q1 for sure and I don't want to make predictions further in time.

Peter Matanov
                        Chaos

Comment

cryptomattes for proxies at least?

Comment

Originally posted by frodopytlicek View Post
                            cryptomattes for proxies at least?
                            Is it some specific case you are referring to? Generally this should be working.

Peter Matanov
                            Chaos

Comment

objects inside proxies are not visible in crypto as separate objects, at least in vray 4and for vray 5 i dont see any change in release notes

Comment

Working...
                              X