V-ray Toon as renderpass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V-ray Toon as renderpass

It would be awesome if you could have V-ray toon as a renderpass. That way you could composite the lineart with shading any way you want in post. Right now you have to render several versions of your image in order to use compositing.

You mean the VRayToon effect, correct? There already is such an element called VRayToon. Do elaborate if I have misunderstood.
    Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Would be nice if MAX got the same "Toon render elements only" option as Maya apparently has so the outlines won't be in Cryptomatte and all other render elements.

Comment

You're right there is a render element already (I wasn't even aware), but it requires the atmospheric effect to be on, and the lineart still affects all the other renderelements. What I would like to see is the toon effect "only" in that render element so you could composite the toon effect. Maybe even add multiple toon elements layers with varying thickness. Sounds like that's available in Maya?

Comment

I've already mentioned the "Toon elements only" proposition to our development team. We'll see if we can implement it.
          Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
          Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Was this progressed at all? I have a project where the toon effect would be perfect, but currently it shows up over my crytomatte and other passes. I'll have to do two sets of frames as it stands.

Comment

Working...
            X