Add another mode for the default Denoiser - DISABLED

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Add another mode for the default Denoiser - DISABLED

can we please add a "DISABLED" mode for the denoiser?

(with a message at render time warning you that its currently disabled)
    Kind Regards,
    Morne

Hello,

What would be the goal of such mode - you already have an option to disable the denoiser all together or to only generate the required elements for denoising later?

Best regards,
    Yavor
    Yavor Rubenov
    V-Ray for 3ds Max developer

Comment

Originally posted by yavor.rubenov View Post
      Hello,

What would be the goal of such mode - you already have an option to disable the denoiser all together or to only generate the required elements for denoising later?

Best regards,
      Yavor
      how to disable the denoiser without removing it from the render elements and without disabling all render elements?
      I mean as in disable completely, as in do nothing, including not generating anything to do with denoising
      Kind Regards,
      Morne

Comment

I know what you mean and I would also like to have an on/off switch for all render elements (instead of deleting and re-adding). But i think that's a 3dsmax limitation... Either vray could add a render elements manager (similar to redshift) or maybe a simple on/off checkbox in each render element.

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	Untitled.png Views:	0 Size:	13.0 KB ID:	1092771
          1. The "VRayVFB" checkbox disables the render element all together - as if you deleted it. This one is available in all V-Ray render elements..
          2. If you set the mode to "Only generate render elements" - all the required render elements will be created (such as noiseLevel, defocusAmount..). You can use this mode for example if you plan to apply the standalone denoiser later on.
          Yavor Rubenov
          V-Ray for 3ds Max developer

Comment

Originally posted by yavor.rubenov View Post
            Click image for larger version Name:	Untitled.png Views:	0 Size:	13.0 KB ID:	1092771
            1. The "VRayVFB" checkbox disables the render element all together - as if you deleted it. This one is available in all V-Ray render elements..
            2. If you set the mode to "Only generate render elements" - all the required render elements will be created (such as noiseLevel, defocusAmount..). You can use this mode for example if you plan to apply the standalone denoiser later on.
            ah thanks, number 1 is the setting I'm looking for then
            Kind Regards,
            Morne

Comment

Ahh i didn't even know about that setting, thanks!

Comment

Working...
              X