Rename Vray Free

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rename Vray Free

Seriously, I think there is a whole lot of confusion out there between VRay, VRay Free, VRay Demo, and VRay Pirated.

VRay Free should be renamed (and probably recompiled) as VRay Lite (or something along those lines) and the forum for it renamed....it would save a whole lot of headaches.

you dont think people might confuse vray lite with vray basic, when its compared with vray advanced?

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

vray free seems to say it all. its vray..its free....so its vrayfree.

---------------------------------------------------
      MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
      stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

A whole renaming structure wouldn't be a bad idea...this is basic marketing...currently there's a lot of confusion between products that can be easily resolved. I love VRay and am impressed with every new thing Vlado pulls out, but marketing is a bit lacking...just look at the disparity and confusion between the domain names vrayrender.com chaoticdimension.com (and others if they're out there)

The webpage and everything else is very friendly if you already know what Vray is, who Chaos is, and what the various products do. But if you're new to what Vray is, what versions are available, etc, I think things can be improved.

Comment

my guess is that vray free often gets deliberately confused with vray pirated
          nothing can be done about this, really. locking out potentially confusing threads to the public forum sounds reasonable enough to me.
          Marc Lorenz
          ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___
          www.marclorenz.com
          www.facebook.com/marclorenzvisualization

Comment

but i agree with the webpage thing...make a real one.
            the public part of vrayrender.com is a joke.
            and the chaoticwhatever sites...i'm not sure if there is anything on them.
            vray must be a quite mysterious renderer for people not involved.
            i think if maxwell had a site like vray they wouldn't sell a single license and vice versa. marketing is so important and often neglected with software developers.
            Marc Lorenz
            ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___
            www.marclorenz.com
            www.facebook.com/marclorenzvisualization

Comment

Originally posted by Da_elf
              vray free seems to say it all. its vray..its free....so its vrayfree.
              VRay Pirated is also free - hence the confusion of features. I dont think you want people to think that because there is a free version of Vray, that the pirate version is it, or vice versa.

Comment

ya know I dont really concern myself with what those that use pirated software do or dont do, understand or dont understand.

What would be even more confusing then leaving it the way it is now, would be to change it right now. Changing names midstream always leaves people confused.

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

i think if maxwell had a site like vray they wouldn't sell a single license and vice versa.
                  That's a good point. They've got one heck of a slick website. I think that's done wonders for them...
                  LunarStudio Architectural Renderings
                  HDRSource HDR & sIBL Libraries
                  Lunarlog - LunarStudio and HDRSource Blog

Comment

i dont really know the current economic state of chaosgroup but judging from that everyone and their grandma is using vray these days i think they are ok with their marketing. That being said i dont know how many having a legit version.

Comment

Hi all,

I don't think changing the names is going to help. It is not that hard to find informatioin about Vray by web searching it in any of the search engines. That's how I found out about Vray. If someone is interested they will research what the different versions are, which is readily available on the vrayrender.com.

rpc212
                      rpc212
                      - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"DR or Die!"

Comment

Originally posted by Dynedain
                        A whole renaming structure wouldn't be a bad idea...this is basic marketing...currently there's a lot of confusion between products that can be easily resolved. I love VRay and am impressed with every new thing Vlado pulls out, but marketing is a bit lacking...just look at the disparity and confusion between the domain names vrayrender.com chaoticdimension.com (and others if they're out there)

The webpage and everything else is very friendly if you already know what Vray is, who Chaos is, and what the various products do. But if you're new to what Vray is, what versions are available, etc, I think things can be improved.
                        I am 100% on your side because you are 100% right!

Comment

how about..."Vray Legit" "Vray Soon to be Legit" "Vray Totally Not Legit"

even better: Vray, Diet Vray, Vray-Meth

ok...i'll stop
                          Needs more cowbell

Comment

Hey Olitech,

I like your last one there!

rpc212
                            rpc212
                            - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"DR or Die!"

Comment

seriously, why add another name to the list? add vray lite and people will still have vray free questions

If anything, for the final product maybee there should only be an advanced version

Comment

Working...
                              X