V-ray material library

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V-ray material library

I like the idea that you implemented a material Library in V-ray 5 and I'm sure this is just the beginning of something that could improve even further. I have some thoughts about things I would like to see.

1. A tool providing a quick way to add your own materials (and maps) to the library with similar previews, meta tags etc.
    2. It could also include HDRI maps and textures.
    3. Let the user decide where to install the library on installation. If the user has several nodes a network server might be preferable. (I read that you can edit the registry to change it, but the average user might find this way a bit inconvenient).

Originally posted by markus_s_cg View Post
    3. Let the user decide where to install the library on installation. If the user has several nodes a network server might be preferable. (I read that you can edit the registry to change it, but the average user might find this way a bit inconvenient).
    Hi, When I installed, I selected the advanced option, and you can choose where to install the library. I did this once on a server, and then on all nodes, you can tell the installer to not install the library, and you can set the shared location to use. I think its working, but only just done it!

Agree with your other points, but its a great start for sure.

Comment

Regarding point 3, as m_hinks pointed out, you can already specify a custom location for the library in the installer. We are working on points 1 and 2.

Best regards,
      Vlado
      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Working...
      X