VrayUVWRandomizer with 2D displacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VrayUVWRandomizer with 2D displacement

I know it's probably not possible but can't hurt to ask, but is it possible to make 2D displacement work with the UVW randomizer. Right now it only works with 3D displacement. Also, it's probably best to put this in the documentation (https://docs.chaosgroup.com/display/...yUVWRandomizer) that right now it only works with 3D displacement.

Thanks a bunch!
    A.

---------------------
    www.digitaltwins.be

Hi Vizioen

This won't be easy to achieve, I'm afraid. It might be slightly easier if we don't implement the blend between the tiles, however, we're not sure how useful this will be. Thanks for the docs tip, noted!
    Nikoleta Garkova | chaos.com

Comment

Well very usefull. Because in the case that I needed it for it didn't need the blend between tiles. In this case:

Generating tiles, with FloorGenerator, Railclone, or even manually. Instead of using multitexture or whatnot, I have a big map I use in conjunction with UVW randomizer and Triplanar to map them, with different rotations and uvw offset per tile. I don't need blend in this case. But 2D displacement doesn't work in this case. I can think of more uses than just tiles but I think this is clear.

The way I make it work right now, is I detach all the tiles, Apply a UVW map with correct settings, make the modifier unique for every object, apply a transform randomizer on the uvw gizmo. Attach all the tiles again and apply a 2D displacement modifier. But that's a hassle every time. If something changes I have to redo everything.
      A.

---------------------
      www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

Originally posted by Vizioen View Post
        The way I make it work right now, is I detach all the tiles, Apply a UVW map with correct settings, make the modifier unique for every object, apply a transform randomizer on the uvw gizmo. Attach all the tiles again and apply a 2D displacement modifier. But that's a hassle every time. If something changes I have to redo everything.
        I use this modifier to do that procedurally in one click
        http://www.scriptspot.com/3ds-max/sc...ement-modifier

-------------------------------------------------------------
        Simply, I love to put pixels together! Sounds easy right : ))
        Sketchbook-1 /Sketchbook-2 / Behance / Facebook

Comment

Yes, I know of this and there are several other solutions out there, but the problem is this needs to be installed on renderfarms and I tend to install as little as possible plugins these days that aren't supported by farms. I trust this could be collapsed though? And when not collapsed it renders fine with 2D displacement?
          A.

---------------------
          www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

Working...
          X