Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Support Photometric lights on GPU

Hi,

It doesn't appear that Photometric lights are supported on the GPU.

Vlado said that Photometric lights are not recommended due to performance issues, but due to limitations in the V-Ray lighting feature set (no area spots), the Photometric lights are still necessary. I am willing to wait a little longer for the result that I need. And GPU rendering is so fast anyway, I can't imagine that the performance issues would amount to much.

Please support 3ds Max Photometric lights on the GPU.

Thanks!

Aaron

Originally posted by aaron_ross View Post
    Hi,

It doesn't appear that Photometric lights are supported on the GPU.

Vlado said that Photometric lights are not recommended due to performance issues, but due to limitations in the V-Ray lighting feature set (no area spots), the Photometric lights are still necessary. I am willing to wait a little longer for the result that I need. And GPU rendering is so fast anyway, I can't imagine that the performance issues would amount to much.

Please support 3ds Max Photometric lights on the GPU.

Thanks!

Aaron
    You misunderstood his post. Vlado said that the Max internal photometric lights are not recommended. However, the V-Ray IES lights should work just fine and support all the features you might need.
    https://www.behance.net/Oliver_Kossatz

Comment

Thank you, but IES lights are not what I want or need. 3ds Max native Photometric lights are like the standard V-Ray light -- they can be configured with many different distribution and shape types. IES lights, whether 3ds Max native Photometric, or V-Ray IES lights, require a lighting definition file.

To reiterate, I want the 3ds Max native Photometric lights, which can be configured as Spot, Disc, Sphere, etc., to be supported on the GPU.

Comment

Working...
      X