VrayToon Line colour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VrayToon Line colour

Would it be possible to colour the VRayToon Line colour based upon the materials diffuse or other attributes? I have a project where I would like to change the toon colour outline on a per object basis. Currently the only way I can see to do that is by using multiple VRayToon effects with explicit include /exclude objects.

You can already do that with a VRayUserColor texture.
    See my previous post here, for changing the diffuse color of an object, based on it's wire color.
    https://forums.chaosgroup.com/forum/...ct-s-wirecolor

You can modify that example a bit, and instead of assigning same vraymaterial to all objects, just stick the vrayusercolor directly on the color of vraytoon, and run the script I mentioned in that post. The script is based on wirecolor, but it can easily be converted to use the object's material diffuse, or other properties...
    Happy Rendering!

Example below done with VRay Next, but VRay 5 should work also.

Click image for larger version

Name:	vrayusercolor2.JPG
Views:	131
Size:	195.0 KB
ID:	1114021

Last edited by Morne; 18-05-2021, 12:12 AM.
    Kind Regards,
    Morne

Comment

Morne that's brilliant thank you for posting the script with steps to produce I really appreciate it.
      Yesterday I tried to achieve something similar using osl maps but I didn't get to far however today I found that its possible to have multiple outlines!
      Click image for larger version

Name:	VrayToon_Outlines.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	132.7 KB
ID:	1114108
      Is it also possible to use the VRayScalarMap or similar to drive the linewidth on per object basis too?

Comment

Working...
      X