Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phasor noise

Please implement Phasor noise natively.
    It can express interesting details in displacement and volume as well as texture.

https://hal.inria.fr/hal-02118508
    https://youtu.be/sC7dvAJ5FCE?t=1151

OakCorp Japan - Yuji Yamauchi
    oakcorp.net
    v-ray.jp

Isn't this something that you could easily do in OSL? The new Renderman is supposed to use OSL for all textures and since it includes Phasor noise, you can probably take it from there.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

I was able to find out that all RenderMan textures are implemented in OSL. Thank you for your advice.

The Phaser Noise also worked on V-Ray.
      However, We may need to purchase a RenderMan license to use Shader for commercial use with other renderers.

Click image for larger version

Name:	phe.jpg
Views:	430
Size:	367.1 KB
ID:	1118666

oakcorp.net
      v-ray.jp

Comment

Where did you find it? Might wanna share? Thanks

Comment

Included with the RenderMan 24 installation.
          Pixar\RenderManProServer-24.0\lib\shaders

oakcorp.net
          v-ray.jp

Comment

Originally posted by flat View Post
            However, We may need to purchase a RenderMan license to use Shader for commercial use with other renderers.
            That's exceptionally kind of you, although i am unsure it's a requirement (they could have shipped the OSL shaders as compiled if they didn't want users to use/abuse/edit them.).
            I'm however most definitely *not* a lawyer expert of this, so if you find out about the licensing, i'd be very keen to hear about it.
            Last edited by ^Lele^; 06-07-2021, 11:06 AM.
            Lele
            Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
            ----------------------
            emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
            The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

The RenderMan installer comes with a compiled OSL file (.oso), Source files (.osl) are not included.
              so Pixer feels that they don't want to divert the source. (If it's open source, they'll publish it on GitHub.)

However, thanks to the versatility of OSL, other renderers can use the shaders included with PRMan 24.

PRman 24 also comes with a useful OSL, which is very useful for other renderers as long as the license is okay.

oakcorp.net
              v-ray.jp

Comment

Eh, indeed it *was* an oso file in your screenshot, i should have looked better.
                Sorry for the bother.
                Lele
                Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
                ----------------------
                emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
                The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Working...
                X