Improve the GUI of the VFB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Improve the GUI of the VFB

As it happens today again: Could you please add some space between the button for saving the channels and the button for "clear all channel data". When I try to hit the lower right triangle for storing all cannels it happens so often that I hit the "Clear channels" button. There is so much space in the upper toolbar, you could even make buttons for all the three saving options, which I would prefer - one click less...
    Workstation: Ryzen 9 5950x @ 4,20GHz 64 GB RAM, Nvidia Quadro P5000, Win10 Prof.<br>Rendernode: AMD Threadripper 2990wx 64 GB RAM, Win 10 Prof. MAX 2021.3, VRay 5 hotfix2, ForestPack, RailClone, RichDirt, KStudio ProjectManager....

Hello, you don't have to click the lower right triangle. You can click anywhere on the button and the drop-down will appear.
    pixel bender @ panoptikon

Comment

Ha, this is smartphone like behaviour. Klick once: one feature, click longer: next feature. I would prefer a PC like GUI: either pulldown menu comes suddenly or there are more buttons. I fear for the future that more and more programmers adapt these smartphonelike GUI´s to professinal programms. And then I begin to search for features that formerly where visible, now I have to click and hold here or click and wipe there. May be I´m too old for this. But: Thank you for the tip.
      Workstation: Ryzen 9 5950x @ 4,20GHz 64 GB RAM, Nvidia Quadro P5000, Win10 Prof.<br>Rendernode: AMD Threadripper 2990wx 64 GB RAM, Win 10 Prof. MAX 2021.3, VRay 5 hotfix2, ForestPack, RailClone, RichDirt, KStudio ProjectManager....

Comment

Dunno about smartphones, but Max had this stuff since day one in the 90s, it's pretty standard.
        Check just any of the align tools, simmetry, scaling...

edit: see the snapping at the bottom of the UI, this is Max 1, in 1996
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cO9wFu0sV04

While this is Caligari's Truespace UI with the flyout buttons (this is the UI control type) exposed to see all the available options, 1994. (image ripped off some very old website.). If you look closely, some have a red and a green triangle, as different behaviours and options would be had clicking with left or right mouse button.

Click image for larger version  Name:	wilson_fig1.gif Views:	0 Size:	93.4 KB ID:	1120242
        Last edited by ^Lele^; 22-07-2021, 04:17 AM.
        Lele
        Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
        ----------------------
        emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
        The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Now as you said it, your totally right! Classical fly out menus! I was tired or something else. What was in my second vacination from last Thursday???

Comment

Ahah, lol, i'm waiting for my second. Now i'm scared. ^^
            Lele
            Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
            ----------------------
            emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
            The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Maybe you already had a tainted one Lele....'Simmetry'?
              https://www.behance.net/bartgelin

Comment

Working...
              X