Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V-Ray Frame Buffer 2 : Add a color fill option to the Background Layer

Hello,

Would it be possible to add a simple "color fill" option in the layer "Background" in the new VFB.
    Actually we can only add an image. I would like to have a other option with a simple color picker because i often need to see my models on a white or colored background.

You can tell me to change the color background in the environment panel but it changed the lighting or we need to re-render if we changed the color.

Thank you.

Any update on this ?

Comment

I know it will be a few additional steps, but what's wrong with making a solid color image with Paint and use it?
      If it was that easy, it would have already been done

Peter Matanov
      Chaos

Comment

What's wrong with making a solid color image with Paint and use it?

Time wasting. Every time we just want to make a preview for a different project/client, we have to open Photoshop/Paint, create a fill image of the color, save it in a correct folder, get back to Max, load it throught the specific location...
        It is not like it's always a white image so i could use always the same. Sometine it need to be black, grey, orange, blue,...

Just a simple color picker background would be very usefull. And mainly to save preview direct from the VFB when we are doing MatteShadow integration without the need to open Photoshop to make the quick comp.

Comment

legi008 Made a script, which renders a VRayColor node and creates a Background layer with the rendered image. Should suffice for now.
          Attached Files
          Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
          Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Thanks for the temporary fix. It works as expected

Comment

Working...
            X