VrayDistanceTex Objects List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VrayDistanceTex Objects List

Hi would be nice if we could add the objects for the DistanceTex map with a Selection Set, or from selection or from a list of objects that are currently visible instead of having to click all objects one by one. And also make sure we can't add twice the same object for instance which this time it's possible apparently.
    A.

---------------------
    www.digitaltwins.be

Just click "Add" and then press H to bring up the selection dialog and you can select multiple objects one shot or a selection set to add to the distancetex list

Also, when you want to remove a bunch of them one shot, check out this tip from Lele:
    https://forums.chaosgroup.com/forum/...56#post1102156
    Last edited by Morne; 07-09-2021, 12:58 AM.
    Kind Regards,
    Morne

Comment

Originally posted by Morne View Post
      Just click "Add" and then press H to bring up the selection dialog and you can select multiple objects one shot or a selection set to add to the distancetex list

Also, when you want to remove a bunch of them one shot, check out this tip from Lele:
      https://forums.chaosgroup.com/forum/...56#post1102156
      Ah I always forget about the H trick. Although H is bound to Hide in my case. But I can just simply click the select by name button in my toolbar. Good enough. Thx for the tips.

That being said, I wonder why there's no button for it, makes it a little easier.
      A.

---------------------
      www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

I just found out this: if you have objects present in the VRayDistanceTex Objects list, object name is visible under Track View - Curve Editor, but their Transforms are not.

I know that I can link an object (in the VRayDistanceTex Objects list) to other objects and animate them, but it would be great if they were visible directly in the Curve Editor also.

Comment

Originally posted by Vizioen View Post
          That being said, I wonder why there's no button for it, makes it a little easier.
          I've always been of two minds myself about this: there are both flavours in max.
          Sometimes, i've quite happy the node selection has the list of selSets and such, even in their somewhat reduced form, others i'm only too happy to use the hitbox (as the "H" was called) that has all the filtering i may need and then some.
          Lele
          Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
          ----------------------
          emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
          The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Working...
          X