Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• make an intuitive way to render animation sequences like in Vantage

dear Vray team
    Can you please make it possible with a couple of clicks to get my 3ds max animated timeline to render in vray, pretty much like the dialogue in Vantage of render sequence.

Anything specific you would like?
    Lele
    Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
    ----------------------
    emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
    The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Hi Vray team
      I would like to offer the possiblity in Vray to set all the setting in one panel that will appear when heating a render sequence button.
      Exactly as it is set up in Vantage. Rendering an animation in Vantage is as intuitive as rendering an image. Opposite in Vray for Max, you have to go to the settings of max to set there a button to render sequence, then on a different panel to save the name of the sequences images, without the possibility to save both image and mp4 (as in vantage) and each time you render you get a message if you want to override, and then on another panel to set the duration of rendering of each frame....... This takes around 3 to 5 min in order to set up the rendering of your animation sequence, whether in Vantage only 10 sec.
      Thank you very much
      Attached Files

Comment

I think maybe it´s more a Max thing, why the Attributes hitting the main common output settings like resolution and output path are dispatched on 2 different Tabs. I would also find it very welcome when this would be more simplified. Also under the Common Tab it is often desired by Renderfarms, that Renderoutput here is also defined.
        That leads into then into:
        1. the desired Sequence from legacy Renderoutput ( I set it as JPG here and delete it after rendering)
        2. sequence.origRGB.0001.tif
        3. sequence.RGB_color.0001.tif
        By 16bit or even then the oversized EXR files, it´s a massive waste of disk space, lost Download time and I need manually to delete the things I don´t need to prevent Harddiskoverflow. If I don't do that sooner or later I'll spend hours deleting all the needed stuff. If I am sure about my Renderelemnts output, I don't need "origRGB" Maybe there is something I don´t know, but this is quite useless

Also, I would like to know, how to avoid saving consequently this standalone Alpha mask. It´s always saved within. But from the technical side of Compositing, I almost never need this one. It´s not that big a file, but I always have to scroll along, until I get the next render element to select.

Maybe I am missing something here and I don't know if Chaos might be able to do improvements here, or if this is a problem unalterable caused by Autodesk´s architecture - anyway help is appreciated

Comment

Working...
        X