Keep the "locked" render camera, don't lose it always

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keep the "locked" render camera, don't lose it always

When I change the viewport cameras or change to perspective to better examine something, vray is always losing the "fix locked" camera.
    I have set this a hundred times to my correct camera and locked it, it never keeps the camera.

It's also a constant annoyance when working with IPR and trying to adjust things in the viewport.
    Would be great, if that could be fixed.

(In Vray for Maya there has never been this issue)

Click image for larger version

Name:	never keeping the camera.png
Views:	549
Size:	3.8 KB
ID:	1136551

Never had this problem. Maybe you might reset your 3dMax settings and try then again. It works for normal pretty well.

Comment

Hm, strange, maybe it has to do with the "Maya navigation" in 3dsMax?
      Which settings recommend you to reset? How to reset - delete all preferences or another way?
      Thanks

Comment

I dont think so...( maya nav.)

watch out the top right corner on max UI...
        you can also delete/rename this folder: c:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Autodesk\3dsMax and restart

Comment

Okay thanks, right, it solves it, when I delete all those preferences.

Do you know, which preference from the folder I really need to delete?
          Of course, there are several adjustments, which took a while to configure...

Thanks
          Click image for larger version

Name:	2022-01-13 15_06_47-ENU.png
Views:	491
Size:	58.0 KB
ID:	1136572
          Attached Files

Comment

Unfortunately not - never took the time to examine things like that. I saved my Layout, Keys, and Colors and load them again after renewing/ deleting Settings. In most cases, I have still my prefs then and the problem is gone =) Wich one of them the devil is - I don't know.
            It happens from time to time that something is not right anymore. Like in Maya either... it is an Autodesk thing

If you found out - let us know!

Comment

What most users of 3dsMax do not understand is that the lock-button does not lock a camera, but a viewport to render. If you switch cameras in the viewport you just locked, it will render incorrectly. The label exactly says that: View to render, not camera to render. It will render whatever you got selected in the locked viewport. A camera, a free perspective view or even orthographic. Once you understand that, it all makes sense.
              This is tied to any specific renderer.
              Last edited by kosso_olli; 13-01-2022, 11:55 AM.
              https://www.behance.net/Oliver_Kossatz

Comment

well, that was never the problem here at all,
                but thank you for the hint

Comment

Originally posted by caypiranha View Post
                  well, that was never the problem here at all,
                  To me it looks like it is exactly what is happening here.

https://www.behance.net/Oliver_Kossatz

Comment

Working...
                  X