"Show shaded material in viewport" when using a VrayBumpMtl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Show shaded material in viewport" when using a VrayBumpMtl

I often use VrayBumpMtl instead of chamfering my geomettries. It s very useful but then the material is not visible in the viewport anymore. Is that a big thing to implement?

Attached Files

Is it visible when you enable the shading of the base mtl?

Click image for larger version

Name:	3dsmax_2022-01-20_13-43-12.png
Views:	547
Size:	270.1 KB
ID:	1137297
    If it was that easy, it would have already been done

Peter Matanov
    Chaos

Comment

Thanks for the answer Peter.
      I have the same settings as you. The logo "Show shaded material in the viewport" is greyed out.

I m using vray 5, update 2.2 (happens both with GPU and CPU)

Comment

It also happens in all of my scenes.

Comment

It is normal to be greyed out for the VRayBumpMtl. You should enable it in the base mtl like in my screenshot.
          If it was that easy, it would have already been done

Peter Matanov
          Chaos

Comment

OK.Now it works. The problem was due to my viewport settings. Thanks again Peter.

Comment

by chance, I was doing the same here right now. My Object was a single color one and then switched to be grey/ shaderless as yours, while having EdgeTex applied.
              But when I applied a simple (maybe also only senseless) UV mapping and the color/textures has been coming back to viewport.
              So Peters test box was mapped by default and yours maybe then not. (I was using a cad obj import, which didnĀ“t contain UV mapping).

should that be the case also on yours?

Comment

Hey,
                Thank you for spending the time to try it out as well. My object had a uvw modifier on.
                I just had to reset my viewport preview preset. I do not know exactly what I changed for the textures to be invisible, but all is good now.

Comment

So same symptoms - different reasons & solutions... anyway all good to know =)

Comment

Working...
                  X