Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Easy animation setup

Dear VRAY team
    It would extremely helpful if you include a fast and intuitive way to setup animation of a sequence of frames. Pretty much like Chaos Vantage.
    Now in 3ds max you need to spend significant time, to setup light cache to animation , render once to save the light cache, then load that cache.. then in max setup the frames , save .....
    It is chaotic and counter intuitive, compared to the extremely easy setup of Vantage.
    Thanks in advance

Hello,

Just use the "Animation" preset of the LC and there will be no need to precalculate anything.
    Last edited by matanov; 10-02-2022, 07:26 AM.
    If it was that easy, it would have already been done

Peter Matanov
    Chaos

Comment

I also use only BF and LC. with the mentioned point from Peter, you don't have to do anything. Most Animations turn out pretty smooth.
      Never used Vantage so far, but I guess, you also have to setup frames there either, and saving there as well...?

Comment

Are you talkin about ligth cache , preset , animaton.
        If yes then if I select single frame it calculates light cache for each frame.
        In order not to do so, I need to render one frame , save the light cache , then select from file, and then it does not need to calculate again.
        Let me know if i am doing something wrong

Comment

Well, the whole idea behind the animation preset is to not bother with complex workflows like precalculations and loading cache files. Just use the preset and let the renderer do its thing.
          If it was that easy, it would have already been done

Peter Matanov
          Chaos

Comment

I don't find rendering animations an issue, I usually use BF and LC without saving the light cache but sometimes for more complicated scenes it quicker to use BF & BF with the denoiser. The import part being to use the denoiser tool on the rendered sequence to avoid flickering.
            In comparison to the previous versions there really are very few settings to get right and it is so much simpler.

Comment

Working...
            X