VFB: Copy image+Clear image icon buttons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VFB: Copy image+Clear image icon buttons

From what I remember of Next, there were specific buttons within the VFB UI offering one click solutions for each of these actions. Currently in v5 you have to utilize a drop down menu.

Also, in regards to copy image, I'm finding that it sometimes does not work and requires multiple attempts to get anything copied into the clipboard. Anyone else having this issue?

Edit: Forgot clear image button already exists.
    Last edited by DanSHP; 05-05-2022, 03:52 AM.

same here as well. Don't know why clipboarding from FB is sometime so unreliable.

I also found it disappointing, that such Button is missing here. one left on the "save as " button would not deface the UI of the FB.
    But simply press ctrl+c - as usual - and it works like that (besides the discussed issue) well.

Comment

Most of the removed buttons were rarely used and were only cluttering the UI. Which do you miss the most?

Regarding the hit and miss of the Ctrl+C command, are you sure that the actual image in the VFB is on focus while you are trying to copy?
      If it was that easy, it would have already been done

Peter Matanov
      Chaos

Comment

Yes, it also appears, while clicking definitely inside the rendered area to make sure the FB is the active window. ctl+c, 2,3 times... but switching back to PS only the previous Layer is pasted again. Something on the System. Refresh internally somewhat - I don't know. Is it Vrays FB only or also the regular one - I haven´t checked that. But it appears.

Well, talking about UI: for me, it was one of the most used Buttons in Vray 4 ( never thought about using Copy ´n ´paste). So meanwhile, I can live well with the shortcut method.
        Corresponding on the Menus, they also can be cleaned up somehow. Example: before I climb menus to any of the common functions, it´s way faster to use the Buttons instead of course. "monochrome" on the channels - yes . don't know what that good for, but won't also deface the UI.
        Just bringing a settings button maybe somewhere, the Menus are almost obsolete, since they cause only more mousekilometers, or? Well, yes, maybe someone screams now - "no menus!?" but if you look closely - they are being as rarely used as you might mention about cluttering buttons, aren´t they?

Comment

My bad I'd forgotten the clear image option is there already. The 'copy image to clipboard' button is the one I'd like back.

I would use Ctrl+C but I can never tell if its actually copied to clipboard or not, as per my point above as it doesn't seem to work 100%. If I click something, like a button to 'copy to clipboard' there is a visual confirmation that I have clicked it in the VFB UI (the button changes colour). With Crtl+C, I don't get that.

Another option perhaps, a message could display. "Image successfully copied to clipboard" when pressing Ctrl+C
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by DanSHP View Post
            .... If I click something, like a button to 'copy to clipboard' there is a visual confirmation that I have clicked it in the VFB UI (the button changes colour). With Crtl+C, I don't get that.
            I can tell you, that I had the same problem in vray 3.x by clicking on "paste Copy to Clipboard" as well. So the visual feedback on that button is not an insurance that things went right.

Comment

Same here, CTRL + C in VFB doesn't always work. And I'm 100% sure the focus is on the VFB. Happens every day actually. I have tried to find a reason or specific situation but haven't found any so far.
              A.

---------------------
              www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

Originally posted by Vizioen View Post
                Same here, CTRL + C in VFB doesn't always work. And I'm 100% sure the focus is on the VFB. Happens every day actually. I have tried to find a reason or specific situation but haven't found any so far.
                The same here... I've to press CTRL+C or click on the same menu command many times to be sure to have the image copied

Comment

Adding to this thread regarding VFB buttons, might i add a request for a view lock button. so that we don't have to open render setup every time we forget that the view is not locked in IPR or it gets locked in random perspective and have to unlock/relock to bring to camera view. A simple lock icon in the VFB with this function would be great i think.

Comment

Working...
                  X