Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• affect atmospherics in standart max light

Hi,
    apply atmospherict is one of the best features added recently, but can you please add somehow this also to standard max lights? Some stuff are just imposible to do with vray lights, and excluding it from enviromental fog in fog params its pain in the ass. Its juast a matter of some attribute and UI change no?
    Thanks

3ds Max Standard lights features/options/settings are handled by ... 3ds Max You can forward your request to Autodesk.
    If it was that easy, it would have already been done

Peter Matanov
    Chaos

Comment

So then add these basic features to vray light.

Comment

And which are those?

Peter Matanov
        Chaos

Comment

Mainly is non-physical stuff.
          1) light attenuation
          2) directional parameters like hotspot/falloff
          3) shadow blurines

Some of these stuff you can do with directional parameter but in really limited form. I know this is mainly for cartoon/stylized stuff but it will be really handy, I think other renders like arnot have these features.
          To give you some example. I mainly using standard light for faking caustics with vray light its imposibleor to do it. Using real causting its not really artistic friendly and slow to render also. As a seconf example its almost everytime better to use standard light to create godrays because you have control over attenuation and fallofs.

Comment

While all of the above is valid, we are trying to stay away from "non-physical" options, because they tend to produce problems everywhere else.

Peter Matanov
            Chaos

Comment

Yes I know, but you add contributions which are non-physical also so why not the rest My intention was to give these vray releted options to standard light so there will be no need to modify vray light itself and keep it simple and physical

Comment

Originally posted by frodopytlicek View Post
                Yes I know, but you add contributions which are non-physical also so why not the rest
                Contributions are easy: one only calculates the part that's needed, so it's a removal exercise.
                Changing light distribution is a wholly different matter, and it can and will generate deal-breaking issues.
                We have ideas being researched to allow for more customisations, but it's unclear if they'll ever bear fruit: the individual effect is undoubtedly achievable, but marrying it with the rest of the rendering isn't trivial at all.
                Lele
                Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
                ----------------------
                emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
                The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Working...
                X